We are hiring so please fill out your
job application today!
CARE ON CALL COLORADO – PERSONAL CARE PROVIDER
Definition: Provides unskilled personal care and household services for stable clients in their homes in compliance with a service plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completed agency training or have verified experience in the provision of home care tasks to consumers and passed a competency evaluation.
- Observation and maintenance of the home environment that ensures the safety and security of the consumer.
- Assistance with household chores including cooking and meal preparation, cleaning, and laundry.
- Assistance in completing activities such as shopping, and appointments outside the home.
- Companionship including, but not limited to, social interaction, conversation, emotional reassurance, encouragement of reading, writing and activities that stimulate the mind.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Be able to communicate and understand return communication effectively in exchanges between the consumer, family representatives, and other providers.
- Have successfully completed and passed a competency exam related to the agency PCW training course.
- Have successfully completed a supervisor-observed competency exam (tasks).
- Additional related annual training that equals 6 topics each year.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of personal care and safety practices in the home care setting.
- Understanding of family interactions and aging process.
- Beginning knowledge of nutrition and food service.
- Beginning skills in personal care.
- Ability to observe, report, and record client’s care and condition accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management, clients and families, and staff members.
- Valid, current state driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile, or
- Access to a reliable automobile, public or other reliable transportation.
CARE ON CALL COLORADO – CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Level of Responsibility: The CNA works under the supervision of the Administrator, Manager and/or qualified Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities: The CNA will participate actively with fellow staff in–
- Daytime programming of the center, including managing activities and regular exercise program.
- Assistance with the well-being and medical care needs of clients; helping with bathing, bathroom visits and diaper changes as needed, especially with regards to fall prevention; taking vital signs for clients as needed, and notifying RN of concerns as appropriate.
- Maintaining standard precautions, including appropriate hand washing.
- Assistance with cleaning facility as needed.
- Assistance with serving food and/or monitoring clients if they need help with feeding.
- Providing companionship to clients as needed.
- Assistance with monitoring of Care Plans and communications with Case Mangers and other care providers as necessary to ensure appropriate and effective care.
- Maintaining a good attitude and being polite to clients.
- More duties as required of the role, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- CNA shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have appropriate experience and/or training in the healthcare industry, inclusive of a qualifying degree and at least 1 year of experience as a CNA.
- Must successfully complete the Agency’s training program upon hire.
- Valid, current driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile.
It’s our pleasure to serve you.